Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 21st to December 27th

Sunday December 21st if you are like me you probably still have a laundry list of things to do. Take a deep breath in and say, “So what, it will all get done and I will take it slow and enjoy!” Today I will focus on cooking Christmas Eve dinner which will be homemade tomato sauce, meatballs and pasta. I will also bake 2 maybe 3 kinds of cookies starting out with “Mrs. Claus’s Peppermint Wonders” – which sound insanely delicious! (They are fuggy chocolate brownies with vanilla cream frosting and crushed candy canes!) YUMMY!!!! However the morning will be spent doing Christmas cards and some art work. Breath and bake is the theme of today!

Monday December 22nd first stop will be the post office to send my last minute cards and gifts – it is the thought that counts and with the grace of God they still may make it on time! Afterwards I volunteer in the middle school library followed by a lunch with friends and ornament exchange! Visit with friends is the theme of today!

Tuesday December 23rd I will start the day off by treating myself to a yoga class at “Breath” – my favorite place to take a class when I am not teaching! After I get cleaned up I will be off to the elementary school to help with the Christmas party since I am one of the room parents and I must say that will definitely be the highlight of the day to witness all the excitement of the children! Afterwards I will start Christmas dinner which will be “Jambalaya” and of course bake 2 more types of cookies and I will finish my day by completing our wrapping in front of the fire with the tree lights on and soft Christmas music playing. Finish last minute things is the theme of today.

Wednesday December 24th go to mass either a children’s mass or midnight mass depending on the ages of your “party!” Focus and remember Jesus is the reason for the season.

Thursday December 25th relax and enjoy the day! It will probably be busy however find moments to savor, it will take my 3 favorite words to do that, “Effort, Honor, and Foundation.” Make the effort (time) to honor (show respect) and which sets the foundation to build your faith on and other will see.

Friday December 26th Rejoice and continue to enjoy family and friends. Have some friends over to relax in front of the fire for great conversation and a glass of your holiday favorite! (Peppermint hot co-co, eggnog with nutmeg, red wine, or sparkling water with fresh cranberries and orange slice is always nice and it look festive too!)

Saturday December 27th sleep in!

Christmas is not over, the season has just begun! The busy, crazy stuff that clouds the reason for the season has lifted, so now is the time to enjoy those efforts but more importantly enjoy those around us! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

No comments: