Sunday, August 2, 2009

Something New







When was the last time I tried something new?
It was about 3 weeks ago on my way to the YMCA at 5:15am!

What was it?
I brought my camera with me and captured the sunrise over the vineyard that I am blessed enough to pass every morning on my way.

How did it make me feel?
Witnessing and recording this sunrise made me feel connected to this amazing universe and blessed that I could see such beauty doing ordinary things like going to train and teach yoga.

Would I do it again?
Absolutely - I think it would be amazing to capture the sunrise at the same location during the different seasons.

What did I learn?
I learned that there is beauty in everything we do - we just need to be present to appreciate it!

What will be next?
I would like to create a large collage on canvas. I am always creating tiny ones for jewelry but I think it is time to do it on a large scale!

What is next for all of you?
Namaste.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...love the sunset and the vineyard. i think living and enjoying each moment is really what makes life worth while. there is so much to drink in...speaking of drinking in, i think you should sample a bit of the fruit from the vineyard too! xo, mickey

aliceinparis said...

How wonderful I have read all of your books except "Peony in Love" which I have on hold at the library.
Secret fan was WONDERFUL and so interesting.3 Cups of tea inspired me and I did a fundraiser through my blog for them in November I think it was.Funnily enough I got a generous donation two days ago from that blog post which I passed on to the Central Asia Institute. It was a great tale but poorly written.He is doing remarkable thins.
Love your sunrise shots. It is thrilling to try an capture such beauty isn't it:)