Monday, September 7, 2009

Creating and Remembering


I have been creating a new body of work to be unveiled at the Rochester Memorial Art Gallery’s Annual “Clothesline Arts Festival” next weekend September 12-13.

This year preserving, reusing and remembering what is important in life is the main theme of my collection for autumn. I have been expanding my “Treasured Locket” line to include glass hearts and cut up jelly jars. I have been combining antique and vintage papers to create one of a kind miniature collages that are then sandwiched between the new shapes of glass and soldering them. To finish the pieces I have added vintage ribbon from France dated 1920’s to 1940’s, military laundry pins from the 1940’s, sticks, gems, pearls, my handmade PMC charms and Indian nickels, depending on the design.

In most of my pieces you will find a heart, a house and a pearl. The heart and house will be found in every collage that is in my “Treasured Lockets” to symbolize love, family, friendship and home. The pearl that is added to most pieces stands for love, honesty and protection.

My hope is if you are in Rochester next weekend that you will stop by my booth #429 and say hi!

Meanwhile make it an amazing week and smile often!
Namaste.

2 comments:

aliceinparis said...

These are lovely! You have a nice touch:)
Hope your training is going well. My friend Jen had such an amazing Louisville Ironman experience. Did not end the way she had hoped but she is a inspiration for sure. Dedication and perseverence!
I have just started to walk faithfully again. Got out of it this summer and am back on track, I hope.
Have a great week!

Julie said...

Oh how I wish I were in Rochester to see your booth - it looks fabulous and I just love your jewelry :-). Good luck!