Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year


Once again we have the opportunity to focus on goals, growth and where we want to go throughout 2010. It is that fresh start we have all been craving.

I am putting together ideas of how I would like to shape this new year for myself, family and how I can impact the world positively.

This year I am going to start by simplifing and organizing my home. This will help me create the balance I need. I believe once that is accomplished and maintained the burden of "keeping house" will lessen to a certain degree. And as it does, it will provide me the peace of mind that I and my family need, producing fruits of its own.

Secondly I am going to devote time, energy and effort to grow both of my businesses. As you may or may not be aware I am both an artist and yoga instructor.

My plan for my art is to brand myself and gain a few more national clients and perhaps even create a line of inspirational t-shirts with some of the proceeds going to a worthy cause. As part of this effort a group of women artists that I have been blessed to meet and call friends, have agreed to help each other set and meet goals. We meet on Sundays at various coffee houses. This group will help market and critique each others artwork.

As for my yoga I am going to grow it with more corporate clients and bring yoga to them at their workplace. I teach children and I hope to reach more children this year through yoga too. Last but not least, I am a firm believer that the best teachers are those that commit to being life long students themselves. My prayer is that I get into Baron Baptist's teacher training and continue towards my 500 hour level. (I am already at the 200 hour level).

So here is to the New Year, fresh starts, dreams and practice!!!!!!!
Namaste.

1 comment:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...love this post...balance is so important and i am so sorely lacking in it. i wish you the best 2010 my friend...xo, mickey