Monday, March 14, 2011

What a Weekend!


Wow what a weekend I have had! It started out on Friday with my son Timmy and his friend going to the Strong Museum of play - we had a blast! Later that evening I went to my friend's home for book club which was very funny since non of us read the book - oops!

Then onto Saturday, I taught the 7:30am Beginner Yoga class at Inspire yoga to a wonderful group of people - you all rock! (Oh yeah, someone left their orange mat on the bench with a white towel). After that Ginny came in to sub so I could go help and teach at the 108 Sun Salutations Challenge. Thank you Ginny!!!!

About the Sun Salutation challenge that was organized by iROC www.irocyoga.com all I can say is WOW!!!!! Here a group of wonderful people - yogis - gathered to help children they have never meet, gain a brighter future. You see iROC helped "Carpenter's Kids" - which provides orphans in Tanzania who have lost parents to HIV/AIDs with the opportunity for an education - iROC raised $1200.00!!!!!! Wow! I was thrilled and honored to be a part of such a wonderful thing!

You see wonderful things - "NEWS" - happen everyday. Most people are good and are willing to help - always remember that even though we are bombarded with "nasty news" 24/7. Goodness does exist! And it is the only investment that never fails.

Well that evening I had date night with my son Timmy at the YMCA - Mother Son Event. We had such a great time and the highlight for me was when we were walking to the car afterwards and he grabbed my hand and said, "Thank you mom - I had a great time, you are a lot fun!" and he held my hand all the way to the car. Little 10 year old boys are perfection!

Sunday I felt a bit out of it with the time change but we cooked, went to a basketball party and watched the "Big Dance" Selection!!! Now I have to work on my brackets before Thursday - I love this time of year!!!!

As always I hope this post finds you all well and smiling!
Namaste.

No comments: