Sunday, April 10, 2011

Authentic Success

Authentic Success is a Work in Progress!
Authentic success, what does it mean? Well Webster dictionary describes authentic as, and I quote, "1. Authoritative; 2. worthy of acceptance or belief as conforming to fact or reality, trustworthy; 3. not imaginary, false or imitation."

When I read "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach, her entry for September 15th rang true and clear for me. It starts "Authentic success is different for each of us. No single definition fits all because we come in all sizes. One afternoon years ago, while wandering through an abandoned cemetery, I discovered a wonderful definition of authentic success inscribed on the headstone of a woman who died in 1820: "The only pain she ever caused was when she left us."

Wow that is powerful, moving and something to strive towards.

For me authentic success is sometimes a mystery and at other times I feel as if I am achieving it. Some high points for me are... prioritizing my time properly so that family and friends are on top...answering "if not now when?" with NOW!... knowing in my soul that I did my best and being okay with it regardless of the outcome...Making peace with my past... recognizing my talents and sharing them and not diminishing them when they are recognized by others... making a difference in the world one smile at a time... sharing laughter often and being okay with my tears and the tears of others... truly listening to someone else without interjecting my opinion...valuing my dreams and working consistently to reach them and dream even more... cultivating the attitude of gratitude... and being blessed with faith.

As I reach the cross roads of my life I understand where I have been, liking where I am now and loving the ideas that tomorrow brings. And as I remain present to what really matters, I am achieving my "Authentic Success".

I will be posting the full reading this week on our new website. www.inspirepenfield.com

Namaste.

No comments: