Friday, September 19, 2008

I Love Fridays!

Welcome! TGIF!! Once again the weather in upstate New York is fantastic! The leaves are starting to change as if kissed with color overnight, quite beautiful I assure you. Anyway I have lots to mention, so best get on with it.

As you may know “Breast Cancer” awareness is the month of October. I am donating a piece of jewelry once again to the Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester, NY to be auctioned during "The 7th Annual Artrageous Affair". The necklace I am donating is called “Heaven’s Rainbow”. The idea was originally conceived during my mother’s funeral in December of 2006 when the most beautiful rainbow appeared in the winter sky, comforting us all. (My mom passed away from Leukemia.) This necklace is a combination of pearls, gemstones, leather, a 1945 mercury dime and fine silver cross, dream tag. The event is on Saturday October 18th, 2008 at the Rochester Plaza Hotel. For more information call 585-473-8177. *See photo.

Here is another thought from Randy Pausch’s “The Last Lecture”, chapter 54 “Be a Communitarian” page 175. “We’ve placed a lot of emphasis in this country on the idea of people’s rights. That’s how it should be, but it makes no sense to talk about rights without also talking about responsibilities.” In our book club last night this started great conversations among Lauren, Sue and Cindy great friends and inspiring ladies! I hope it creates great conversation among your friends too.

As we venture into autumn my posting will include inspirational thoughts and ideas to share with others. Enjoy your weekend and remember “Life is Good!”
Namaste.

No comments: