Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tidbits About My Blog

Good Morning! As I write this Sunday morning my home is silent, the snow is softly falling and I am enjoying a hot cup of coffee – truly heaven! This is my favorite time of day as I get to greet the sun or in this case the lightening of the sky with true appreciation and awe.

My purpose in writing today is to let you know some “Tidbits” about my blog. Please see below:

I update the main posting at least once a week. Subject matter can be anything that is inspiring to me at the moment. I also hope to include more photos with my postings this year. Please check out my archives from 2008 for an idea of my subject matters and writing style.

The right hand column will be updated at least once a month. In that column you will find information about yoga, music, books, movies, gem lore, quotes, links to other sites I enjoy, and miscellaneous things I find fun.

The bottom of my blog is a photo gallery of my artwork, family activities and photos that I take that I like. This will get updated from time to time. I am going to try to update this or add to monthly.

If you click on my photos of my jewelry they will route you to my “Etsy” site where I sell my work. Etsy is a website for artists to display and sell their work. Everything is handmade and I highly recommend checking it out. If you go to my site, under my “Favorites” you will be able to view a variety of artists that inspire me. Also I get all my cards, note paper and business cards through this site as part of my commitment to buy USA and handmade products that help individuals.

I love hearing from my readers. Your comments inspire me. Please write often either in the comment section or through email. If you become a follower the beauty of that is when I do a new posting it will automatically notify you. Please keep in contact!

Well the house is stirring now so I best be on my way.

Let me leave you with a beautiful quote by Helen Keller, “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart!”

Namate.

2 comments:

Swami Saradananda said...

OM
Dear Joan
Loving greetings from London (England) - I notice that you are reading my book/mentioned reading it on my birthday (Jan 11th).
I hope you are finding it inspiring - and would appreciate any comments that you might have.
with best wishes
Swami Saradananda
author of "Chakra Meditation"

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Swami Saradananda,
Wow! This is so exciting to hear from you - what an honor! I have to say I love your book. I purchased it at a yoga conference in the fall of 2008. It has helped me understand the chakras better and how to use the chakras to balance myself with the hopes of being able to be better and kinder to those around me. Thank you for writing such a usable book!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Today is my dad's 76th birthday - how interesting to hear from you today!

Have a beautiful Day!

Namaste,
Joan
PS I studied fine art in London, England when I was in college years ago and I remember it fondly - usually with a giggle and a smile!