Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wow This Month Flew By!


As I sit here relaxing on Sunday with my hot cup of coffee, writing my weekly entry, I happened to glance at the calendar and realized we only have one week left of January. Wow! Did this month fly by! It seems like yesterday we were all ringing in the New Year.

Well I thought this would be a good time to check in how on the New Year's resolutions are going. I am pleased to say my single worded resolution, Effort", is really working well for me! Some days it is real easy to put forth that extra effort and other days it is hard, but I manage to do it, just the same.

What have I learned? Well for starters putting forth a bit more effort has helped me around the house keeping up with the everyday chores so they haven’t seemed overwhelming by the end of the week. Second, everyday I have been working to build my jewelry business in some way which is helping me gain confidence, knowledge and customers. Third I have been learning more about the world as I have been putting more effort into reading the paper which I have to say is not my favorite because I find it saddens me. However I believe I have a responsibility to myself, family etc... to know what is going on and see how I can change it positively, in my corner of the world.

Starting next Sunday February 1st I will be listing ideas to express our love to those around us. Also I will be writing a gentle yoga practice to us relax and stay healthy during the cold and flu season, and updating “Gem Lore”, “Books” and “Movies”.

Remember to smile, it is contagious and makes people wonder what you have been up to!
Namaste.

PS The image I selected for this posting is called, "Reflection", perfect for this entry.

No comments: