Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gratitude


As you know I have been sick with a respiratory infection for 3 weeks now. I am getting better slowly and I began to train a little last week for the triathlon in September. I am bummed that I lost so much endurance and that I have to start from square one. I feel a bit overwhelmed at the task ahead of me and I am practicing positive thinking as I tell myself, “with patience I can do it!” It is humbling.

I told you what I lost now here is what I gained. This is an exercise in gratitude that I do to keep me in a positive frame of mind.

I found a lot of time to create in my studio and my artwork is really growing in both volume and quality. I have had more time to practice my skills and experiment with new ones. I love the direction that my work is taking.

Next I have developed a deeper yoga practice, truly focusing on my breath and the healing qualities that it has. I have found new strength and peace in the same asanas I have been practicing for years.

Last but not least my family has pitched in beautifully knowing that “Mom” needs the extra help. That effort they have put forth has put a big smile on my face and I am grateful.

I hope this week we can all see the glass half full.

Namaste.

2 comments:

aliceinparis said...

I am so glad you are feeling better:) Sickness does teach about what is important doesn't it. Hard way to learn though:(
Hope you gain your stamina and strength quickly!

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

joan...my goodness you have had quite the time with it haven't you? i am glad that you are beginning to feel better and able to move about the way you love to. i guess this is one of the times where you get to focus and enjoy the process knowing it will all come about in the end...frustrating i know, but i bet you will be right where you want to be in no time! take care my friend, mickey