Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Christ has Risen, Truly He Has Risen!!!!

Yeah!!!! I successfully finished my journey of "40 Days to a Personal Revolution" with Baron Baptiste. Wow!!!! The last few weeks were time consuming that is why I didn't post as often as I would have liked to, so I am making it all up now!

Let me start by being honest about the last week. I was to do an hour and a half practice each day, along with a half an hour meditation. The truth of it was I did an hour practice each day and 20 minute meditation each day.

Since I am being honest let me fully spill the beans. You may or may have not wondered why I did this journey. Yes as stated before I wanted to try something new that I have never tried before plus I knew I need to find some way of changing deep inside, since I wasn't liking the person I was becoming. This journey did both.

I have many qualities that I am grateful for and others that I know I needed to change. Being judgemental was the major one along with finding purpose to life. I have now learned that every person has their own history which makes them the person they are today. I believe the majority of people are truly good in this world even though we may not see eye to eye 100% of the time. That is when patience, understanding and compassion are needed. We may have friends that like to "One up" us or people/friends who like to purposely leave us out.

It is hard some days to remain positive and friendly under those circumstances. However as we grow we realize it truly is them and their need for some kind of power and/or acceptance of themselves that drives that behavior. Even though my feelings have been hurt from time to time, and I get pissed, I have learned during these 40 days to just let it go and change my thought patterns.

Did you know that we think the same thoughts every day? I never really thought about it but as I was reading the books by Baron Baptiste I had that "Aha" moment - for often than not! And if we are truly going to break through to the next level that those thought patterns need to change. That is where my meditation helped. By the way I still am meditating everyday, 15 minutes every morning seems to fit me perfectly at this stage, and I can commit to that and not feel burdened or as if I am neglecting my responsibilities.

I also learned that we can pretty much explain and justify all our behaviors even the negative ones quite convincingly. We do this through our need to be right at any cost. When we practice humility then the need to be right isn't as important any longer. Interesting huh?

Well I have learned a tremendous amount and lit the fires to discover more about who I am. I can tell you quite honestly that I truly love the person I am and becoming through practice. More about my journey to come in the next few days.

Have a peaceful evening.
Namaste.

4 comments:

aliceinparis said...

I loved these two lines.....Did you know that we think the same thoughts every day? and we can justify almost anything we do, positive or negative.
So interesting to think about... so true.... So much to work on.
I've enjoyed your 40 day "makeover"
Cheers~

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...the attitude of most is "this is the way that i am, it is how i have always been and it is how i will always be", i love that you face that head on and are such an encouragement that change is good...very good indeed. thank you so much for sharing...i am going to order that book! xo, mickey

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...had to let you know i just bought the book. i can't wait to get it and pray that i take it to heart and practice what i read! xo, mickey

Julie said...

Great post Joan - I appreciate your honesty and i think we have such similar weaknesses . . . It's amazing what can happen once you truly practice awareness and focus on humility . . . More peace and love fill your soul!