Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring=New Life and My Annual Reading of the Four Agreements


When I think of spring I think of a time of new life, new beginnings and rebirth. I have many rituals that I do during the spring that seems to help me get back on track. My rituals are few and simple. Number one is spring cleaning the house and purging things that we no longer use. Number two is spring cleaning the body I will usually start this with a simple fast and eating foods that clean and keep the body feeling alive, mainly a vegan diet. And last but not least I will spring clean my mind. This sounds like the easiest but for me it is the hardest.

Since I have recently rediscovered the power of meditation and its place in my life, I will continue to use that tool to help me keep my mind open and calm. A few years ago I read, for the first time, "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz and had a life changing experience. Ever since then I reread that book every spring. It is funny how I need to be reminded of those simple yet powerful agreements at this time of year.

In my next few posting I will write about the each of the four agreements and how my spring cleaning for my body, mind, soul and home are going. Meanwhile start your own "Spring Cleaning" and look upon this time as a rebirth and discover the person you are truly meant to be.

Make it a peaceful day!
Namaste.

*The photo above way taken on my way to work in the morning 5:15am by the vineyards near my home.

2 comments:

Lesley Austin said...

I look forward to hearing about your Springtime pursuits!

I try to carry a print out of the Four Agreements in my wallet, but I found the book hard to get through, for some reason. Glad to know you value them also.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...well...here is another book i need to get...loving my baptiste yoga by the way! xo, mickey