Sunday, February 1, 2009

Remembering Old Friends

This past week, was a week of saying good by and remembering those who have touched our lives. My neighbor from across the street from where I grew up, Mrs. Stephen's passed away. When I was at her wake on Friday, looking at the posters of photos from her life there was a quote that I had forgotten until that moment. It is from Dr. Seuss and it goes like this, "Don't be sad that it is over; Smile that it happened!" What a beautiful way to look at life.

Also this week my friend Margaret’s dad passed away. How grateful I am for him because without him I wouldn’t have my friend. Isn’t it amazing how we can touch so many lives through our family and friends?

As we start February, my blog will concentrate on different ways to show appreciation for love as we honor the spirit of St. Valentine’s Day.

Have a wonderful evening and remember to give those you love a big hug and kiss!
Namaste.

No comments: