Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spring is Around the Corner


This week we had a few rare sun filled and warm days for Rochester, NY. That along with Lent beginning has sparked spring fever for me. The idea of spring has me thinking once again about new beginnings, you know out with the old and in with the new.

This month I will write about some new spring ideas that we can all implement in our lives keeping with the theme of “Effort” and blending it with “Renewal” as we count down the days to Easter. I will also share with you my favorite recipe for “Irish Soda Bread,” sure to get those Irish eyes smiling!

So enjoy your Sunday with friends and or family, kick back and watch Syracuse Basketball – they play at 2:00pm and gear up for some March Madness!

Namaste.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...love your new pics! I enjoy spring as well, but being that I am in Texas, it seems to usher in summer entirely too soon which is WAY TOO HOT for me! I look forward to your Spring posts!...also LOVE the Irish prayer, Mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Hey Mickey!
Thank you for the photo comments!

Today was 15 degrees and it was windy - I can't wait for some warmth! A group of my friends and I met at the YMCA for tea while our kids had swimming leasons and we were all commenting on the need for spring!!!!

I will be posting some more Irish quotes - my mom gave me a great book of them years ago and this time of year I have fun rereading them!

Have a wonderful evening!
Namaste,
Joan