Friday, March 6, 2009

I am So Excited!!!!!!!


Have you ever asked yourself “I wonder what I will be doing in a year or two from now?” Or have you ever said, “I can’t believe I am doing this, a year ago I would have thought this was impossible”? Well over my life I have said both from time to time and today I am happy to say a dream has come true. As of this week my jewelry is being sold at Craft Company #6 here in Rochester, NY http://www.craftcompany.com/ .

Craft Company #6 is a beautifully restored firehouse in downtown Rochester, NY that specializes in USA handmade arts and crafts of the highest caliber. I have been a customer for years there and even had my bridal registry there 15 years ago – that was when I was a graphic designer. I left my full time position when I had my first son and after I had my second son I was itching to get back into something creative that I could do at home. That is when I started my journey into jewelry designing, beginning with the art of traditionally hand knotting pearls on silk. Once I got proficient at that I wanted to learn how to forge metal and it has been a wonderful adventure ever since!

This adventure took me to the Clothesline Art Festival at the Memorial Art Gallery which is a juried show here in Rochester and now to Craft Company #6. I have to say I am over the moon! Everyone there has been very kind and encouraging and I don’t think I have stopped smiling all week. Take a ride downtown to 785 University Ave. in Rochester or if you are out of the area check out their website http://www.craftcompany.com/ .

Remember in the words of Walt Disney, “If you can dream it, you can do it!”
Namaste.

3 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

Joan; I am so happy for you! Your work is beautiful so I am not surprised. I can't wait to look at their site. Blessings, Mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Hi Mickey,
I hope you like their site, it is very cool. Thank you for the compliment - it really means the world to me! It is hard for me to see my work objectively when my eyes have been on the same piece for days! That is why it thrills me so when a fresh pair of eyes likes what I made. It brings such a smile to my face! Thank you!

I hope everything is going well for you! Everything here is going great! (Even the weather is getting warmer - but that can change in a moments notice, after all we are in upstate NY!)

Have an awesome weekend!
Namaste,
Joan

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

Hi Joan;
I loved their site...what a neat place. I think you will do so well there and your things are perfect for their shop. True enough...there is such a joy when someone else takes note of your designs and work. You deserve it...you have worked hard for this. Enjoy it and the best to staying away from the chocolat! Mickey Nichols Johnson