Monday, March 30, 2009

In Like a Lion and Out Like a Lamb


"In Like a Lion and Out Like a Lamb" where did that saying come from? I bet it was not anyone here in upstate New York! As the month of March is almost over I was thinking of that very saying on our walk this morning as we all froze. March around here is in like a lion at the beginning, middle and end. We might get a day or two that is sweet like a lamb but that is not the norm. What do you do keep your spirits high when the weather is low? Well here is what I do.

I try to enjoy it and remember that this to will pass. I like to drink lots of hot drinks like tea and coffee. And when my schedule allows I love to snuggle down with a good book on a rainy day and catch a cat nap too. I keep my sweaters handy along with my winter coat and boots. This way I will be warm when I have to run about. This is the one month that my family is home more often, basketball had ended and baseball hasn't really begun and our schedules are less hectic. Dinners altogether are a joy and I try to light candles for that special touch.

I like March because it does move a little slower than the other months and I can spend more time with my family. March use to depress me because of the weather but now I look at it as a chance to catch up, relax and enjoy before the spring and summer seasons hit with their flurry of activity. So what if it is gloomy we can make our own sunshine through the smiles we share.

Enjoy these last few moments of March, as with all moments - they are precious!
Om shanti.
Namaste.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

March for us is very mild. A bit rainy, but mild and busy. Spring here is definately sprung which makes me a little sad because it is so short and ushers in the intense heat. Speaking of good books, I just read Ocean Star by Christina DiMari. I could not put it down! It is the memoir of Christina and of her healing and redemption. I loved it. Blessings, Miceky

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Mickey,
We hit 50 degrees today heat wave! - it is funny because everyone was out in t-shirts and flip flops, we tend to jump the gun with the least bit of heat this time of year!

Thanks for the book suggestion. I am going to see if I can get it out of the library!

I hope you have a peaceful day.
Namaste,
Joan