Friday, April 3, 2009

My Prayers are with You


I was at a funeral for a young boy yesterday who died in a drunk driving accident. Words are hard to come by at this moment to express my sadness for his family and friends. There are no answers to why. I can only offer my prayers to his family and friends.

As with every moment in life we can learn something. You may wonder what I learned yesterday. Well let me share it with you. Besides the obvious, I learned to hug more, that tears are ok, that family will always be there for you, even when you’re not and that a mother will always be a mother no matter what, it is a love that knows no end. I learned friends will be there ‘til the end and to express your love to those who matter most as often as you can.

During mass two young girls sang “For Good” from “Wicked” and the words from this song rang strong and clear to me. Below are some of the words from this song about friendship.


For Good”
I'VE HEARD IT SAID THAT PEOPLE COME INTO OUR LIVES FOR A REASON, BRINGING SOMETHING WE MUST LEARN, AND WE ARE LED TO THOSE WHO HELP US MOST TO GROW IF WE LET THEM, AND WE HELP THEM IN RETURN WELL, I DON'T KNOW IF I BELIEVE THAT'S TRUE, BUT I KNOW I'M WHO I AM TODAY BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...
WHO CAN SAY IF I'VE BEEN CHANGED FOR THE BETTER? BUT BECAUSE I KNEW YOU I HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR GOOD …


IT WELL MAY BE THAT WE WILL NEVER MEET AGAIN IN THIS LIFETIME, SO LET ME SAY BEFORE WE PART, SO MUCH OF ME IS MADE OF WHAT I LEARNED FROM YOU, YOU'LL BE WITH ME LIKE A HANDPRINT ON MY HEART, AND NOW WHATEVER WAY OUR STORIES END I KNOW YOU HAVE RE-WRITTEN MINE BY BEING MY FRIEND...

These words can be expressed to may in our lives, parents and friends alike. I sent this to my dear friend yesterday on her birthday because she has always been a blessing in my life. And when she wrote me back she said this was the song she listened to on her way to my mom’s funeral. And these words are perfect for my mom too.

Well have a wonderful day, hug someone, listen to a friend, and practice forgiveness.
Om shanti, Namaste.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

I am so sorry about what happened and for the young boy's family. It is so hard when a young life is cut short. I am thankful that it helps us all to remember how short life can be and to live and enjoy each minute that we have with our loved ones. I will pray for all. Mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Mickey,
Thank you for keeping everyone in your prayers. I know they need them! Time is a gift and one we take for granted to often. I thank God for the time I have with my family and I always try to remember that life is short and we must always cherish it!

I hope you have a beautiful Holy week and Easter!
Namaste,
Joan