Monday, November 3, 2008

I Love November - A New Beginning!

I found this photo this morning and it fit my mood perfectly - warm and cheerful.

My day started off very early as I went to cycling class at 6am. During the first 15 minutes of class I was asked to sub the yoga class since the instructor could not be there. I was bummed since I really needed to do my own work out this morning, however I did teach.

As yoga teaches us, flexibility is not only in the asanas (postures) but in life. The people that showed up this morning for class were so grateful that I was there and would teach them that my "being bummed" went out the window and my attitude changed quickly. I felt awesome that I was given another opportunity to teach yoga.

As the morning progressed, I got the kids off to school and walked Charlie and began to reflect on the beginning of a new month and what it could mean for me. In my head I put together a short list of improvements that are meaningful to me, physically, mentally and spiritually (about two for each category) now I will write them down and begin my work on accomplishing them. It feels great to have a few goals and I am being smart not to over load myself as I have done in the past.

Here is to new beginnings - Love November!
Namaste.

PS My husband and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary on November 6th!

2 comments:

librarian said...

Hi Joan, read your blog. It is very inspirational and you have truly inspired me to practice yoga and I know you will inspire others.

Darlene

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Darlene,
Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. I have lots of fun putting it together! Also you made me feel like a million bucks with your comment! See you soon!
Namaste,
Joan