Monday, November 17, 2008

Irish Prayer


Irish Prayer
(Author Unknown)

Take time to work, it is the price of success.
Take time to think, it is the source of power.
Take time to play, it is the secret to perpetual youth.
Take time to read, it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly, it is the road to happiness.
Take time to love and to be loved, it is the privilege of God.
Take time to share, life is to be short to be selfish.
Take time to laugh, laughter truly is the music of the soul!

I found this and another poem that my mom had written to me for my high school graduation. Mom forgot to give them to me that day. I found them years later when I was going through her things after she died. The words on these pages rang so true to me that I was glad I received them when I did. I believe I appreciate them more today than I would have back in 1984!
Namaste.

No comments: