Sunday, May 17, 2009

Welcome to the Last Two Weeks of My Life!

Wow when I think back through the last two weeks I am thrilled to have had the experiences that I had. Some highlights: I met Victoria and Richard MacKenzie-Childs, I received the autograph of another favorite artist Leigh Standley, I went to see Yanni perform, I went on a field trip with my younger son Timmy, I had a few custom orders that allowed my imagination to take flight, I went to a “Read-In” with my middle school son Nick, I went on my first bike ride with other tri-athletes, I was interviewed for a magazine article that will be featuring my artwork, I did the baseball thing for my boys and of course taught yoga – always a favorite.

As I sit back and reflect I see how blessed and lucky I am. I also recognize the effect these moments have had on my life. Some of the above items are very ordinary but for me have had extraordinary out comes. For instance when I was on the field trip, Timmy kept looking at me and would say “I am so glad you’re here!” Nick was the same way during the “Read-In” just a little less obviously. It is funny and heart satisfying to me because I always have done these things for them and they still appreciate it. They made me feel like a million dollars and smile a lot!

When I met Victoria and Richard, the original creators and owners of MacKenzie-Childs and now the creators and owners of “Victoria and Richard Emprise” I was thrilled. My sons were with me. Initially it wasn’t their thing to do but they went along with me. They ended up enjoying themselves and we all came away with this amazing sense of positive energy and hope. Like Walt Disney said “If you can dream, you can do it!” Victoria signed a plate I purchased and she signed my copy of “Where Women Create” the book that launched the magazine. What a fun person to be around very open, obviously immensely creative and very engaging with my son Timmy who really loves art. Here is their wed address http://www.victoriaandrichard.com/ .

Another favorite artist of mine is the creator of “Curly Girl Designs” Leigh Standley. With my purchase of cards and a water bottle she signed a copy of “Where Woman Create” the magazine. What a cool thing to do!!!!! Here is her web address check it out http://www.curlygirldesign.com/ . My favorite saying of Leigh’s is this: “I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara that I could save the world!”

I have been a fan of Yanni’s for about 14 years and this was the first time I was able to see him perform and WOW!!!! If you ever get the chance to see this show “Yanni Voices” do it, you will love it. The talent of these people words can not adequately describe, however the phrases “hard work pays off” and “practice make perfect!” sure do. I believe all the performers could be the poster people for these sayings! Talk about inspirational! My mother-in-law took as my birthday gift and treated me to his CD “Yanni Voices” which is beautiful. I have been playing it everywhere. I loaded the CD on my computer, IPOD and play the CD in the car. I have played it in my yoga classes too and students love it! Check out his website http://www.yanni.com/ .

As you know I have been training for a triathlon and as part of my training I have been riding outdoors but last week I got the opportunity to ride with a group and let me say how thankful I am to all of them especially Jamie and Andy. They helped me understand when to shift and watched my back! They where all very kind and inspiring! Now I am really excited about the race which is less than 3 weeks away! My friend Marcela and I went out yesterday for our ride and I was able to pay it forward and give her the information that was given to me and I know it helped her too. It was totally awesome yesterday as we rode, we felt like kids again racing around! What a feeling!

In a nutshell you now know where I have been these past two weeks. Try to make everyday extraordinary by doing the ordinary and sprinkle in some adventure from time to time too! Listen and follow your heart the magic ingredients are love and courage! Make that extra effort you will be glad you did!
Namaste.

PS I just started “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho – it is a beautiful book! More on that next week!

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...my goodness, you have been busy. i am off to a field trip with my fourth grader tomorrow. it is such a blessings isn't it? it will all pass so quickly. i know the last few weeks seem like such a whirlwind, but i wouldn't trade them for anything. i am so proud of you and your training! keep going girl! i am about to step up my training. i have taken it very slowly, but all is going very well, so i am ready to take it up a notch. take care my friend, mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Hey Mickey,
Have a great time with your son tomorrow on his field trip!!!! You are right - it passes way to quickly.

Thank you for the encouraging words - they really help!!! I am glad you are taking it up a notch - but how is your back? I hope you are feeling all healed!!

Take care my friend and I will look forward to our continued chats!
Namaste,
Joan