Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life is a Journey


Every life is a journey with its own unique story. We often get caught up in own lives and assume too much about someone else’s life. When we sit back and really listen we will find lots of common ground with others. The key, listen without judgment and have the courage to share.

Today was a blessing as I got to rekindle friendships with my school mates. I got to tell you all that my girlfriends are such a blessing in my life and today I was reminded of that. We each have our own stories with life's natural highs and lows. We laughed, we cried, we hugged and we helped. As we parted ways it was bittersweet, I didn’t want our conversations to end however I know I am behind them 100% as they are behind me! It is comforting to have friends that even though the years have passed, our friendship doesn’t skip a beat once together again.

As usual everything brings me back to my New Year’s Resolution “make more effort”. I will make the effort to keep in better touch with my old friends as I continue to make new friends – knowing that both add to the richness of life and are priceless!

Take time for those we call friend and know it is time well spent!
Namaste.

2 comments:

Julie said...

We are going to be FRIENDS - thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I love your thoughts and pictures here . . . really, it's wonderful to connect with people who have share so many of my same passions - so thank you - i'll be checking in :-).

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Julie,
I am so happy that you wrote. You inspired me with your running. I am training for a Triathlon Sprint (it includes a 300 yard swim, 15 mile bike ride and a 5k) I have been training since Feb. and the race will take place June 7th. It was so nice to read your post about the race you ran wow a half marathon! That is so cool!

I found your blog by clicking onto Music and we both like many of the same artist!

This is great to meet like minded people! I will stop back to your blog too! I will link it to mine if that is ok!
Namaste,
Joan