Friday, June 26, 2009

The First Few Days of Summer


The first few days of summer life's busy pace slows down for a moment. The kids can sleep in and the house is peaceful as the coffee is brewing. Today was one of those days that is starting out beautifully. I taught my normal 6am yoga class and when I returned home I did my own practice outside in the backyard. The sun was peeking out from between the clouds and a soft breeze was blowing as my "Shadow" (Charlie my dog) was next to my mat sniffing the air and I am sure he was thinking - "Life is good!" because we think a like!


As Timmy got up he grab his book and snuggled into his favorite chair to read - music to my soul! I put down the dishes I was washing and followed suit by grabbing my book and off I went to my reading corner. The morning passed slowly as we each enjoyed our books. Then Nick got up and he too went for his book to read. What a peaceful way to ease into the day and to top things off it is Friday!


I hope you all are having a mellow and peaceful start to your day!

Namaste.

5 comments:

Adelia said...

Ah, the gentle introduction to summer. Mine is not so very different, but the expansion of the outdoor living area sometimes fragments me! The price I must pay for paradise in my own yard...is well worth it. Yoga keeps us grounded and, well, heaven headed!It's good and comforting to know you are still here, shining & beautiful as ever! Namaste,Adelia

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Adelia,
I am so glad you wrote! I was just thinking about you the other day. I hope all is well! Shoot me an email when you get a chance!
Namaste,
Joan

aliceinparis said...

Such a lovely picture. Summer reading and quiet corners.
My friend is a yoga teacher and she says she has such a hard time when doing her "own" yoga not to describe what she is doing in her head:)

Julie said...

Seriously, I think I'm going to move in next door - then I can just hop over and join you for sun salutations in your yard :-).

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...what a sweet way to start your day. our mornings are a bit on the other extreme just now as my oldest is taking summer school, but soon...very soon...xo, mickey