Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tomorrow is the Day!!!!


I am writing on Saturday evening, taking advantage of having the house all to myself since my husband and sons have gone to the "Red Wings" baseball game downtown. I am very excited about my very first "Triathlon" tomorrow. I just finished packing the van with our bikes and equipment. I am doing this with my friend Marcela and a group of people from the Eastside YMCA.


This has been lots of hard work and loads of fun. The people I have met during this time have been unbelievably helpful, encouraging and kind. I now look at tomorrow as a great social event that I don't have to shower for! Talk about freedom!


In any event I keep thinking how blessed am I that I get to try something as cool as a triathlon! At this moment I am filled with so much gratitude for my health, the way I can move, my family and friends. Tomorrow will be a wonderful experience that I will share with you all afterwards. Meanwhile keep me in your prayers!


Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Namaste.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck Joan! I've been MIA in the bloggin world the last couple of weeks, so I'm now sending some late positive karma your way :-).

Can't wait to read how it went!

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...been thinking of you all day and wanted you to know that i am cheering for you from texas! xo, mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Thank you both for your encouragement. It means so much to me!
Namaste,
Joan