Monday, June 8, 2009

Wow!!!!



Well I did it! My first Triathlon was amazing. This is me before the race as we were getting our gear prepared in the transition area. I had a smile on my face from start to finish. I kept joking that I felt like I was on vacation in some foreigh country because this was all "Greek" to me! The spirit around me was electric. The weather was wonderful around 69 and overcast which was perfect. I guess last year it was sunny and in the 90's - oh my! My boys and husband were there to cheer me on! As I was coming back from the biking towards transition, my sons ran next to me and cheered me on - it is still bringing tears to my eyes when I think about it! As you know I have been having problems with my leg and that has been preventing me from running. Well I am proud to announce I ran the entire time. While I was running I was saying the "Hail Mary" - my mom's favorite prayer and thinking of her and the next thing I knew was I could see the finish line. I became very emotional but kept on going. My family was there to greet me including my sister-in-law Meg! All in all a great day. More to come.
Namaste.


The boys and I after I finished

4 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...awesome joan...i'm so proud of you my friend! xo, mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Thank you so much Mickey. You know how hard I have tried. You were there when I first posted that I would try. Thank you for all your encouragment. You are a doll!
Namaste,
Joan

Julie said...

Way to go!! One day I'll do one of these - thanks for the inspiration :-).

SarahAnne said...

Congratulations Joan - what an accomplishment!!!