Sunday, June 14, 2009

What a Great Friday!


My day started out early as usual at 5:15am. However on this day I did not head out the YMCA to workout and teach yoga, instead my friend Cindy and I picked up our coffees, got gas and headed out of town to the Mackenzie-Childs Annual Barn Sale in Aurora New York through the fog and rain - can you tell we are “Die Hards”? When we got there it was packed, so much for thinking we would be one of the first ones into the barn. Next year we will be one of the crazy ladies who will spend the night in line and will be one of the first ones in - I think the experience alone will be a hoot!

Well 2 1/2 hours later of standing in the rain with lots of fun women, (some were singing, most of us were laughing as we ran in and out of line for coffee and to use the bathrooms and stating we couldn't believe we were all standing there getting wet - however none of us left mind you), we made it into the barn and we were not disappointed at all!

In the barn we hunted through tons of merchandise looking for our treasures and let me say we found many! Too many and had to start doing the math and putting some things back so we wouldn't break the bank. In the end Cindy and I were very pleased with what we selected and headed off to the next line - The Check Out Line - and waited another hour or so for them to take our money! By this time the sky was bright and the sun was shinning beautifully. We packed the car and raced home to beat the buses -we made it!

Next came the mad dash to get the kids snack, clean the house, and cook because my friends were coming over for book club! We affectionately call ourselves "Twilight Freaks" and were discussing book two "New Moon" from the "Twilight" saga that night. Well I am happy to announce that I made it and by 7:00pm all was ready including the staging of the bonfire!

Needless to say we all had a riot! My friend Teri from yoga class got best dressed that evening, my friend Kathy had the best quote, and Lorraine made the best pepper dip - which we now need the recipe! We discussed the book around the fire, and made up our own "New Moon" chat pack questions game and laughed our heads off! All in all a fantastic Friday evening!

Remember our friends are a blessing.
Namaste.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...what glorious fun!!! sounds like you made your mark at the barn and then some. i dare you to spend the night next year...that would be too funny! the book club sounds fabulous...i would love that! xo, mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Mickey,
You're on - I am already rounding up a few friends who are as crazy about Mackenzie Childs as I am and so far they are in! Note we're all crazy to begin with too! Ha!Ha!

I love our Twilight book club. We all just laugh and enjoy each others company.

I hope you have a great day. I am off to go swimming it is 6:14am.
Namamste,
Joan