Sunday, June 21, 2009

Inspiring Quotes


I collect quotes. It is something I started to do about a three years ago unbeknown to me. I know that sounds strange but it is true. I would hear or read something that would resonate with me and I would write it down to reflect and share it later in one of my yoga classes. I now have 100s of saying that seem to fit perfectly at different moments. Today I thought I'd share a few with you.


My all time favorite one is "Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly and leave the rest to God!" - author unknown.


"When you can't stand life any more....Kneel." - unknown (Sent to me by my friend Margaret)


"How far we go in life depends on our being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak; because someday in life we will have been all these." - George Washington Carver


"The shortest distance between two people is laughter." - unknown (I got this off my cousin Anne's refrigerator when I was there last.)


"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Those who look outside, dream...Those who look inside, awaken!" - Carl Jung


"Faith is like the wind, I can't see it but I can feel it." - from the movie "A Walk to Remember"


"Our very breath is a profound gift. Breathe life into your creative dreams. Breathe through difficult places. Breathe in Joy. Just breathe!" - Unknown (given to me on a card from my friend Cindy)


"I choose love... No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God Loves." - Max Lucado


"Pray for world peace and pray that it can being with you." - Joan (me)


Just some thoughts for the up coming week. Make it a great once! Peace.

Namaste.

4 comments:

Julie said...

THANKS Joan - I knew I could count on you today to inspire! Your first quote has become my daily mantra - how I wish I were close enough to come to one of your yoga classes :-).

I saw you read Gina's blog - we went to High School together - she's great and her blog is beautiful.

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

That is so cool you and Gina went to high school together! Her blog is great!

Speaking of blogs, I visited yours today and I loved what you wrote. I will be reading it at my class this evening! What a great thought - "You've been on my mind!"

Well I am glad you like my quotes! I try to live by that first one all the time.

Take care!
Namaste,
Joan

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...love these. i love quotes as well. i especially study quotes by abraham lincoln. i like all of the ones you mentioned, but i really like the one by george washington carver...how true! xo, mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Mickey,
Thanks! Here is another one I love, "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!" This one helped me so much with the Triathlon!"
Joan