Monday, June 21, 2010

New Work for End of School Year Celebration!





I wanted to share a few photos of the completed bracelet that I made for Miss Durr’s end of year gift using the children’s signatures. I added foil from chocolate wrappers and cut out words from an 1890’s prayer book that describe Miss Durr. Here are a few examples: Love, grace, patient, kind etc… Finally I added cut out hearts and a hidden house to the collages. The final steps included sandwiching the artwork between two piece of cut glass, wrapping each charm with copper tape then melting the silver solder and attaching a jump ring and miniature clasp to hook onto the sterling silver chain. Then I made a heart of fine silver and attached that to the end of the chain.

Miss Durr has taught these 4th graders for the last two years and has had a beautiful impact on their lives and we are grateful to her and all her hard work!!!
Namaste.

No comments: