Sunday, June 13, 2010

What a Week!!!!!


I am back! I just spent the last week at "Baron Baptiste's Bootcamp for Yoga Teachers Level One" and wow - what a week. I am not sure even how to start describing my experience, so much soul searching and finding were done. Putting it all into words seems beyond me at this point. But what I can say is the people I meet, the stories I heard, the tears I witnessed are now part of who I am. Yoga for me has been transformational for a while, but this training seemed to have sent me into orbit. At times I was very confused and by the end I felt grateful that I found peace.

As I go back over my journal in next few days and weeks I am sure I will be writing more about my experience. Right now I feel exhausted yet energized - I know it doesn't make sense however it is true.

Let me leave you with a poem my mom wrote out for my graduation years ago that was recently found. It is by William Robert Lawerence.

"May you dedicate yourself not only to strive for the goals you have set, but to meet them and set even more. Not only to hold to the dreams you have had but to dream greater dreams than before... Not only to enjoy this land and its wealth but to make it a better place to live... And not only to take what you can from this life but to love and generously give."

Namaste.

*The photo above I took at Menla Mountain Retreat Center. The Tibetan bells are by the entrance to the Yoga Center.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...so incredible joan and i am so happy for you. i am sure it has changed your life and through sharing, you will help change others' lives. i love the poem...how inspiring! xoxo

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Mickey you always brighten my day!!! This training did change my life in more way then just my yoga practice. It has ignited a spark that I will grow into a roaring fire in the very near future!
Love,
Joan