Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Right Where I need to Be


As I was reading from my daily meditation book, "Journey to the Heart" by Melody Beattie today - catching up from the missed meditation from yesterday, I had an "aha" moment that I thought I'd share.

Last evening I was lucky enough to spend with a group of amazing women that are my dear friends from high school. Each have strength that moves me to be a better person. Their courage and kindness are truly gifts from above. And their straight talk is based on their love - priceless.

As we picked up from when we were last together, not skipping a beat, sharing all our "news", they helped me realize that people and experiences cross our journey's path to teach us needed lessons and get us to the next level in life. I shared my Baron Baptiste Bootcamp experience and opened my heart. They reminded me to live in the present and to see what a gift it truly is and to release my ego and use my energy to move forward and fulfill a dream. Like I said their straight talk is priceless.

Here is yesterday's meditation:
"You are right were you need to be - on your path, guided, in just the right place for you today.
Many times on my journey I stopped short, convinced I would never find the place I was trying to find, only to discover that it was right in front of me all the time. I had gone there instinctively. Gone right where I needed to go, right where I was heading.
There is a part of us that knows where we need to be and understands where we really want to go. There's a place in us that has the map, even if our eyes and conscious mind can't see it, can't figure it out, or aren't certain it's there.
If you's spinning in circles, feeling lost and confused, trying to figure out where you need to be and not all that certain where you're going, stop. Breathe deeply. Look around. You are right where you need to be. Maybe you've been there all along."

So here is to the power of friendship, listening and trusting our hearts!
Namaste.

1 comment:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...so important to live in the present, but so hard for me to do. i am always thinking about the future and the plans and dreams i have and i think i miss so much of the now...i need to refocus! xoxo, mickey