Monday, November 16, 2009

30 Days of Gratitude Continued



As I continue to list what I am grateful for, I stopped and thought about this past weekend. It was a challenging one in terms of parenting. Even though we found out that the boys had disobeyed us, it was a great "Teaching Opportunity" for us as a family to reconnect with our core values and to teach the boys that not everyone is going to agree with us but that we have to remain true to who we are rather than conforming just to fit in. So here are my next top ten items I am grateful for.

1. Time – with the people you love
2. Forgiveness – sometimes a challenging gift to give and a beautiful gift to receive
3. Timmy’s morning smile – it starts my day off on the right foot
4. Hugging my children – I know for those moments that are completely protected
5. Coffee – that is it decaffeinated so I can drink it all day without the shakes
6. Washer and dryer – it saves me so much time than if I had to hand wash everything
7. The weather in upstate NY – this November has been amazing and I bet lots of Christmas lights will be on more houses than normal since the weather has been so beautiful and more people are out
8. Holding the door open – especially when it is your child doing it for you without being asked
9. My feet – they get me from place to place and are priceless when working out
10. Life’s “Ah ah” moments – when you truly get want is going on – better late than never


I hope this post has got you thinking of your next top 10 things you are grateful for and hopefully you will share that with someone and this spark of gratitude will catch on fire!
Namaste.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...love this post and that sweet face. you are so right about parenting and the things we have to be thankful for. sharing in your blessings over a cup of coffee in texas! xoxo, mickey

Julie said...

So true what you said about forgiveness - what a blessing!