Friday, November 6, 2009

A Busy Month



Wow this past month flew by! There was so much going on with the kids, sports, school, yoga, art, and a weekend away with friends. So much to tell and so little time to tell it in, so it it goes.

The month started out with the normal schedule then we added travel basketball for both boys, I added a couple new yoga classes to my teaching, holiday orders for custom artwork www.nicholsforpennies.etsy.com started to come in, Nick turned 13 and we celebrated it with the family - 35 people, Baytrail middle school got a new library that I helped set up, volunteering at the Elementary school started, I am Timmy's classroom parent with Amie, my book club read "The Priest and the Medium" and then we spent the weekend in Chataqua and went to see a medium in Lilydale, Nick and I did a Halloween morning 5k downtown, and Timmy did a half mile race that morning and came in 4th place! The list goes on and on but you get the general idea. October was fun, busy and beautiful!

Since Thanksgiving is this month, I am making it a point to take a few minutes each day to give thanks for the blessings in my life. Even though life is busy, there is always time to think and be grateful. Today as we celebrate our 16th year of marriage, I am thankful for my husband and the life that we have built together. Of course there have been the typical ups and downs but when I take time to remember there have been a lot more ups than downs and even during the "down" times it was nice to have each other to lean on.
Namaste.

1 comment:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...wow, you did have a busy month...but it sounds like it was a whole lot of fun. we have been fairly busy ourselves with the boys and tennis...josh won second place over the weekend and i was so proud of how hard he fought to stay in the competition. you as always are so right...we have so much to be thankful for. we are truly blessed with "all" our sweet boys! take care and enjoy november! xo, mickey