Monday, November 9, 2009

30 Days of November, 30 Days of Gratitude


As I start thinking about the upcoming holidays two thoughts run through my head, one of panic – will I get it all done and the second one is of gratitude. Thinking back to past years I know I will get everything that needs to get done, done and that helps calm me down which allows me to put time into meditating on things I am grateful for. So I thought I would share my top 30 with you all throughout the month of November. So here are my first ten:

1. Faith – knowing that there is a loving God
2. Family – a blessing that goes beyond words
3. Health – being able to move around comfortably
4. Friends – knowing they are there for me and I am there for them
5. Home – a warm and safe place to be with family and friends
6. Books – they keep me entertained as they teach me many things
7. My hands – they help me express myself creatively
8. An unexpected smile – it can be from anyone and you feel its radiance
9. The sound of children laughing – the best music out there
10. Hope – makes life worth living

I hope this post has got you thinking of your top 30 things you are grateful for and hopefully you will share that with someone and this spark of gratitude will catch on fire!
Namaste.

1 comment:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...being thankful is one of the best ways to go through life. i so love how you always help me reposition my mind to be thankful and to give thanks. peace my friend. xo, mickey