Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Closing of Week Five

Wow another week just flew by. As I sit down to write with my steaming cup of decaf. coffee I am reflecting on how my "40 Days to a Personal Revolution" is coming along and what it has meant to me.

I have learned a tremendous amount about myself - both positive and negative traits have come to my attention. The positive traits that I have been rediscovering have helped me to become less sensitive to people's words and more assured as to who I am and my goodness. The negative traits that have surfaced have been humbling and have provided me a beautiful place to start to change from. For a person to change a person must see where the change is needed. Meditation has been a blessing for me in helping me figure that out. Even though I have a non-stop busy brain, I have had moments of stillness as I have continued to practice.

In reading both books by Baron Baptiste I have elevated my personal yoga practice to a level I never thought to achieve. Yes I have become more flexible and all of that but more importantly it has taught me to stay with the discomfort (not pain)and discover what kind of a person I am. I am learning I am a person that will stick with it when I have the urge to give up. This is monumental for me especially in chair pose which I normally just avoid all together.I have learned that in reaching your "Edge" that is when the pose really begins and breakthroughs are possible. Here is an idea I have taught and now I am doing on a regular basis. When you think you can no longer hold on give yourself the gift of two more slow breaths and see were you go.

Well speaking about teaching I must be on my way to the YMCA to do just that. Make it a peaceful day for yourself and those around you - it is within your power!

Namaste.

No comments: