Monday, February 22, 2010

Day Two

The second day I still feel very excited and hopeful for personal growth. I was up and at the YMCA at 5am. I cycled for 65 minutes in class, ran for 25 minute-21/4 miles, then I went to the studio and did a 30 minute yoga practice. Once home I did my 5 minute meditation in between one son leaving for middle school and having to wake up my younger son for elementary school.

I am trying to keep up with my cardio for now. I realize at some point in my 40 days I will have to reduce it as my practices get longer. I still only have 24 hours a day to work with.

Here are the first few laws of transformation written by Baron Baptiste in his book "40 Days to Personal Revolution".

Law 1: Seek the Truth, letting go of the ego and repenting which in it's highest form is self acceptance.

Law 2: Be Willing to Come Apart, we can give up the illusion that everything is okay and that we control anything, that is when the true spiritual work can begin.

Law 3: Step Out of Your Comfort Zone, Jesus taught, life is about letting go of anything and everything that blocks wisdom from shining through.

Law 4: Commit to Growth, remember there are two forces (wolves) living within each person: a pull toward security - preservation of ourselves as we are and a pull towards growth. Whichever we hold as more precious (feed) we cultivate.

As I read and reread the 12 laws of which I told you about the first 4, I will go into more depth as I understand them and apply them to my life and growth. One theme I seem to get is "Faith". We must have the hope or faith that we can do better and then just go for it!

Have a peaceful day.
Namaste.

No comments: